Thomson is constantly working on new cost reduction applications utilizing our custom wear and friction injection molding expertise, specifically to eliminate metal components and consolidate assembly operations. We have been successful in the replacement of powder metal and bronze components at major Automotive, Marine, Lawn &Garden, Appliance manufacturers. See how you can be successful with injection molding.
Here are the top 5 application successes that may offer potential cost reduction for your application:
- Lowered piece price vs Metal/Bronze
- Eliminated Metal Bearing with high compressive strength low friction polymer
- Consolidate part assembly processes
- Eliminated press fit assembly operations needed for metal bearings
- Eliminated secondary oiling-greasing processes.
Want to learn more? Download our Nyliner Bearing Designers Guide.